Privacy & Policy
Last modified: March 14 , 2023
What information do we collect?
From time to time, you will be asked to provide personal information about yourself in order to receive or use services on our website. The information may contain a name, an e-mail address, a contact telephone number, a postal address.
We do not collect or ask you for any sensitive personal data.
Users aged 16 and under
If you are 16 or under, you must have permission from a parent or guardian before providing any personal information to us. If we find that we have received information from you without your consent, we reserve the right to cancel all transactions and services and to delete any personal data you have provided. You will be able to resubmit the information when you have the required authorization.
How do we collect information from you?
We ask you for information about yourself when you use our website, send an e-mail or call us, for example when you want or make a reservation or when you ask to be reminded of a search you have made on our site. . . The Web.
How will your personal information be used?
We will only use your information for purposes that you could reasonably anticipate or that we indicate when we collect it.
We will use the information collected during your reservation on our website:
- to ensure that the service you have requested is properly delivered and managed.
- to maintain your account on AutoFixBuddy where you created one.
- to ask you to review the service you received. You do not have to respond to this invitation.
- to respond to any online chat requests you make. With your consent, we may use the information collected:
- to contact you about our products and services which we believe may be of interest to you.
Where do we store your data?
Your data will be stored and processed securely in North America.
Who do we share your data with?
We will not sell, rent or rent your data to third parties.
When you make a reservation or make a request, we share the personal information you have provided to us (name, email address, phone number and address if applicable) with the garage where you have made or wish to make a reservation. . The garage is responsible for handling your personal information in accordance with the law, and we remind all garages that subscribe to our website of their responsibilities to you. By submitting your personal data to us, you consent to such transfers taking place.
With the exception of garages, we may share your personal data with service providers, suppliers and subcontractors working on our behalf for the purpose of performing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. When we use third party service providers or other providers, we will have agreements in place that require them to protect your data and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
In any case, when your personal data is shared with a third party, we will tell you to whom your personal data has been transferred and for what purpose.
How long do we keep your data?
When you create an account on AutoFixBuddy, we keep your personal data until you close your account or the personal data we have collected from you is no longer necessary to perform the action or provide the service you have available. . . initially requested. We will delete or anonymize your personal data within a reasonable period of time in such circumstances.
If you refuse a cookie, it may prevent the site from functioning properly or even prevent you from accessing certain areas.
Links to other sites
If you communicate with us by email over the Internet, you should be aware that the nature of the Internet is such that unencrypted communications may not be secure and may travel through many different countries to reach us. Please do not send us emails containing confidential or sensitive information such as your credit card details. We cannot accept responsibility for unauthorized access to your information that is beyond our control.
When you create an account on AutoFixBuddy, you must use a password that provides an adequate level of security. You are responsible for the security of your password and we ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
We do not have access to your password, but if you lose it, you can ask us to reset your account password.
You have the right to access your personal information, to oppose the processing of your personal information, to rectify, erase, restrict and transfer your personal information.
You can choose whether you wish to receive information from us. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us, you can indicate your consent (or not) on the pages where we collect the information, in your account, or by sending us an email at email@example.com
How to access your personal information
If you believe that any of the data we are holding about you is incorrect or misused, or if you would like further information, you can contact us at the address below:
AutoFixBuddy is part of The Motorists Organization Ltd. Your use of this website is subject to your acceptance of the terms, conditions and policies of AutoFixBuddy.
Our cookies do not store sensitive or personally identifiable information such as your name and address or your credit card details.
What are cookies ?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie may be retrieved by the website to inform the website of the user's previous activity or preferences. This data is generally not personally identifiable.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Essential cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of this website; for example, they may allow us to identify registered and logged in users so that they can access the content and services for which we request registration. If you choose to disable these cookies, you will not be able to access this content.
- Security cookies
We use certain cookies to improve site security by preventing other users or websites from impersonating you on our website. The website may not function properly without these cookies.
- Functional cookies
These cookies are associated with remembering preferences and actions on previous visits, to ensure that when you return to the site, it behaves as you expect.
- Analysis cookies
We use other cookies to analyze how visitors use our website. The information collected through the use of these cookies is anonymous and provides us with statistical and aggregated data on how visitors use the site. We use this information to improve the website, both to provide better and more useful content and to improve the performance of the site.
- Advertising cookies
- To manage traffic to our website.
- To identify authenticated users on our website in order to provide them with appropriate content.
- To protect the website against certain types of attacks.
- To support the interactive features of our websites, such as chat, quizzes and reminders.
- To remember user preferences from previous visits to our website.
- To collect aggregated and anonymous statistical data on the use of our website; we mainly use Google Analytics cookies for this purpose.
You can also delete cookies already saved by your web browser. For example:
Please note that if you block essential or security cookies, you will not be able to use all of the services offered on this site.
- in Microsoft Edge, you can block cookies using the cookie management override settings available by clicking on "Settings", "Advanced settings", then "Cookies";
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking on "Options", "Privacy and security", History "and select" Use custom settings for history "which will show you the options to block cookies;
- in Chrome, you can block all cookies by going to the "Customize and Control" menu, then clicking on "Settings", "Advanced" and "Content settings" under "Privacy and security", then unchecking "Allow sites to save and read cookie data 'under the heading' Cookies'.
- in Microsoft Edge you can delete cookies by clicking on "Settings", "Clear browsing data, then select" Cookies and saved website data, then clicking "Clear"
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by clicking on "Options", "Privacy and security, then" Delete individual cookies ", then clicking on the link to" clear your recent history or to "delete individual cookies" so selective;
- in Chrome, you can delete all cookies by going to the "Customize and control" menu, and click on "Settings", "Advanced" and "Clear browsing data" under "Privacy and security", then selecting "Cookies and other site data "before clicking" Clear data ".
If you have any questions about this cookies policy, please contact us