What information do we collect?
From time to time, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself in order to receive or use services on our website. The information may contain a name, email address, contact phone number, postal address.
We do not collect or request Sensitive Personal Data from you.
Users aged 16 years and under
If you are 16 or under you must have permission from a parent or guardian before you give us personal information. If we find that we have received information from you without the appropriate consent, we reserve the right to cancel all transactions and services and remove all personal data that you have supplied. You will be able to re-submit the information when you have the required permission.
How do we collect information from you?
We ask you for information about you when you use our website, email, or call us, for example when you want or make a booking or when you ask to be reminded of a search you have made on our website.
How will your personal information be used?
We will only use your information for the purposes that you would reasonably anticipate or that we state when we collect it.
We will use information collected when you make a booking on our website:
- to ensure that the service you have asked for is correctly delivered and managed.
- to maintain your account on AutoFixBuddywhere you have created one.
- to ask you to review the service you received. You are under no obligation to respond to this invitation.
- to respond to any online chat requests you make. With your consent, we may use information collected:
- to contact you about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
Where do we store your data?
Your data will be stored and processed securely within North America.
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We will not sell, rent, or lease your data to third parties.
When you make a booking or make an inquiry, we share the personal information you have given us (name, email address, phone number, and address if required) with the garage with whom you have made or wish to make a booking. The garage is responsible for handling your personal information in accordance with the law, and we remind all garages subscribing to our website of their responsibilities to you. By submitting your personal data to us, you consent to such transfers taking place.
With the exception of garages, we may share your personal data with service providers, suppliers, and subcontractors working on our behalf for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. Where we use third-party service providers or other suppliers we will have in place agreements that require them to keep your data secure and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
In any event, where your personal data is shared with a third party, you shall be notified by us of who your personal data has been transferred to and for what purpose.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
When you create an account on AutoFixBuddy, we retain your personal data until such time as you close your account or the personal data which we have collected from you is no longer required in order to perform the action or supply the service which you originally requested. We will delete or anonymize your personal data within a reasonable period of such circumstances.
If you refuse a cookie it may prevent the proper operation of the site or even prevent your access to certain areas.
Links to other websites
If you communicate with us by email over the Internet you should be aware that the nature of the Internet is such that unencrypted communication may not be secure and may pass through several different countries en route to us. Please do not email us with confidential or sensitive information such as your credit card details. We cannot accept responsibility for unauthorized access to your information that is outside our control.
When you create an account on AutoFixBuddy, you should use a password that provides an adequate level of security. You are responsible for keeping your password safe, and we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We do not have access to your password, but if you lose it you may ask us to reset the password on your account.
You have a right to access your personal information, to object to the processing of your personal information, to rectify, to erase, to restrict, and to port your personal information.
You can choose whether you wish to receive information from us. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us, you may indicate your consent (or otherwise) on the pages where we collect the information, in your account, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to access your personal information
If you believe that any of the data we hold about you is incorrect or being misused or want further information you may contact us at the below address:
AutoFixBuddy is part of The Motorists Organisation Ltd. Your use of this website is subject to your acceptance of AutoFixBuddy's Terms, Conditions, and Policies.
Our cookies don't store sensitive or personally identifiable information such as your name and address or credit card details.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user's previous activity or preferences. This data is usually not personally identifiable.
What Sort of Cookies Do We Use?
- Essential Cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of this website; for example, they may allow us to identify registered, logged in users so that they can access the content and services for which we require registration. If you opt to disable such cookies, you will not be able to access such content.
- Security Cookies
We use some cookies to enhance security on the site by preventing other users or websites from impersonating you on our website. The website may not function properly without these cookies.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies are associated with remembering preferences and actions on previous visits, to ensure that when you revisit the site it behaves as you would expect.
- Analytics Cookies
We use other cookies to analyze how visitors use our website. The information gathered through the use of such cookies is anonymous and provides us with statistical, aggregate data on how visitors use the site. We use this information to improve the website, both to provide better and more useful content and to improve the performance of the site.
- Advertising Cookies
- To manage traffic to our website.
- To identify authenticated users on our website so as to provide them with appropriate content.
- To protect the website against certain types of attacks.
- To support interactive features on our websites, such as chat, quizzes, and reminders.
- To remember user preferences from previous visits to our website.
- To collect aggregated, anonymous statistical data on the use of our website; we mainly use Google Analytics cookies for this purpose.
You can also delete cookies already stored by your web browser. For example:
Please be aware that if you block essential or security cookies, you will not be able to use the full range of services offered on this site.
- in Microsoft Edge you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking 'Settings', 'Advanced Settings' and then 'Cookies';
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking 'Options', 'Privacy & Security', 'History', and select 'Use custom settings for history' which will show you options for blocking cookies;
- in Chrome, you can block all cookies by accessing the 'Customise and control' menu, and click 'Settings', 'Advanced' and 'Content settings' under 'Privacy & Security', and then clearing 'Allow sites to save and read cookie data' under the 'Cookies' heading.
- in Microsoft Edge, you can delete cookies by clicking 'Settings', 'Clear browsing data' and then select 'Cookies and saved website data', and then clicking 'Clear'
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by clicking 'Options', 'Privacy & Security' and then 'Remove Individual Cookies', and then clicking the link to 'clear your recent history' or to 'remove individual cookies' selectively;
- in Chrome, you can delete all cookies by accessing the 'Customise and control' menu, and click 'Settings', 'Advanced' and 'Clear browsing data' under 'Privacy & Security', and then selecting 'Cookies and other site data' before clicking 'Clear Data'.